Built for speed on the TFX-8 platform system, our lightest weight and most versatile platform, the Torrent features a full-grain leather and 1000 Denier nylon upper, a GORE-TEX® liner and a custom Vibram® outsole design that allows quick movements and pivoting in all directions.
Designed for speed and constructed for stability, the Torrent is built on our lightest weight and most versatile TFX platform, the Danner® TFX-8. The Torrent also features a full-grain leather upper with a lightweight 1000 Denier nylon, a waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining, a removable footbed with open cell construction for air circulation and a custom Vibram® Torrent outsole, designed with a pentagonal pivot point lug pattern for grip in all directions.
HOW IT FITS
The 851 last is an update to our popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.
- Durable, polishable full-grain leather upper with rugged and lightweight 1000 Denier nylon
- Speed lace fastening system for secure fit
- Lace garage
- Semi-locking side-zip
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- Removable cushioning polyurethane footbed
- Polyurethane midsole provides superior cushioning and added durability
- New Danner® TFX-8 platform is the lightest weight and most versatile TFX construction featuring a cross stitch design which provides added durability and stability in the lateral toe and medial heal pivot zones
- Vibram® Striker® Torrent outsole featuring a 360° pentagonal low lug pattern for grip in all directions, a flex notch design in key pivot areas and a more rugged outer lug pattern which sheds water and provides maximum surface contact
- 8" height
- Nylon shank
- 54 oz