The original OSHA-compliant leather helmet.
Individually hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched, and hand trimmed to meet today's standards. With over 170 years of experience to draw upon, Cairns manufactures a 100% leather helmet that sets the standard for traditional style helmets. The New Yorker helmet retains the same authentic look and quality that generations of firefighters have relied on. The durable handcrafted leather shell will last for years with minimum maintenance. And like all of today’s Cairns Fire Helmets, the New Yorker is made with the added protection necessary to meet modern standards of safety in the firefighting industry.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Hand crafted 100% leather shell.
- An engineered impact cap of high-temperature rigid urethane foam over an ABS inner liner. Provides advanced thermal, impact, and penetration protection. Designed to increase protection at the sides where it’s needed most.
- Cairns' six-way overhead strap suspension system reduces shock transmission at the top of the helmet while providing a snug, comfortable fit.
- Sateen cotton liner with leather brow patch sewn to high density foam backing around the entire circumference of the liner
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit, with or without SCBA gear, for all head sizes
- Jumbo earlaps for increased neck coverage and protection.
- Larger diameter helmet hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
- Insurance against fireground damage with Cairns 5-year shell replacement warranty.
- Carved brass eagle 6-inch front holder
- Black Nomex Earlaps
- Bourke Eyeshields
Exceeds US-OSHA (CFR 1910) NBSIR-1977
Two sizes available: Medium: 6-1/2 – 7-3/8; Large: 7-1/2 –8.